Sunday, June 10, 2007

Update on the last few days...

I know it's been a few days since I last posted a message and you are all wondering how I'm doing. So let me try and sum up the last few days for you:

Wednesday: I had such a good day on Tuesday and then on Tuesday night it just went downhill. I felt awful and my temperature was rising to a point where I might have to go to the hospital at any moment. So I didn't sleep well on Tuesday night, which made me very crabby on Wed. I still felt awful, but I made it to the hospital for a meeting with my study nurse, lab work and a massage. My temperature was still hovering around 100 (anything over 101 and it's straight to the ER for me) and still not feeling good when I got home. We ate some dinner and I went to bed. But I couldn't sleep and kept getting up almost every hour. So, no good sleep on Wednesday night either.

Thursday: I felt a little better Thursday. My temp was still on the high side. Jeff and I went to the hospital after lunch for lab work, a meeting with my nurse and to do a return demonstration on changing my cvc dressing (Jeff's checkout). The lab work was going to determine if I was going to be able to go to Louisiana for the wedding that Jeff was in on Saturday. Jeff's checkout went well even though the nurse was borderline nazi on the dressing change. She was tough, but Jeff passed with flying colors. That means that now he can change my dressing at home rather than me having to go to the hospital to have it changed. The lab work came back with bad news. My doctor said my white count was too low and it would be too dangerous for me to go to a wedding and be exposed to a lot of people. (FYI my white count was 0.6 and my anc was 80 for those in the medical field). So I was pretty bummed on Thursday cause I was really looking forward to going to the wedding (especially since I still had my hair!). Also, Jeff's parents came in from Fredericksburg because they were going to the wedding this weekend, too.

Friday: I woke up feeling really good on Friday. I slept good and I didn't feel very fatigued. More lab work to be done, so I headed to the local Quest facility and had my CBC drawn. We were going to wait until the results came back from that and make a last minute decision on whether I was going to go to BR with the Mauldin clan or stay behind. The results took a lot longer than expected, so we made an informed decision that I would go with the Mauldin's to the wedding and just be extra careful, not hug or kiss anyone and wash my hands religiously. I felt confident that my decision was a good one, because I felt so good that day. We got the call while on the road from my nurse Pam that my WBC's were up to 2.0 and my anc was up to 1,000!!!! This was great news. The anc magic number was 1,000 before she would let me go and I had reached it on Friday! I was very happy that I had decided to go and not stay home.

We made it to the church for the rehearsal just in time at 6:00 pm. After the rehearsal, we went to a place called Drusilla's for the supper and ate some yummy fish. Jeff made a beautiful toast after dinner and made everyone cry with his poignant words of wisdom. Then we made it back to the hotel for some shuteye.

Saturday: Jeff headed out to do his best man duties with the groom, I stayed back at the hotel and visited with my sister and niece, Nicki and Kirsten, my best friend Michelle and Jeff's sister Carrie. It was a good morning. We ate lunch then headed off to the wedding and then the reception. We made it back last night at 11:00 pm.

Sunday: Slept well last night. I got up and made breakfast for the Mauldin clan, cinnimon rolls, bisquits, bacon, fried eggs and coffee. We saw the Elder Mauldin's off at 10:30. We got things ready for our trip to Arkansas that we are leaving for tomorrow. Jeff is cooking up some fresh fish that we acquired on our trip to BR. I can't wait to eat it.

So that sums up our last few days. Not sure we will have internet in Arkansas so it may be Thursday or Friday before we can post again. I have a feeling that my hair is going to fall out very shortly. So the next time I post, I may be bald! Keep checking!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi guys, I just found your blog. I am so glad you were able to make it to the wedding. Don't you just love unexpected blessings?