Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Quilt and chemo day 3

Yesterday when I got home from the hospital, I had a package waiting for me. It was a beautiful quilt made by my mother-in-law, with the help of our family and a few friends. I just love it so much and want to thank everyone that contributed and put in a lot of long hours to make their squares. Each one is unique and relevant to me. It's just awesome. Here is a picture of it:

Today for chemo I was in a new unit. It was nice, almost like a suite. I had a real bed (not a stretcher) and a decent sized tv in an armoire. Much bigger room than the chair unit. But still the same menu for lunch, which I gave to my mom. I don't have much of an appetite and my taste buds are all screwed up so nothing tastes the same either. But again, we got through right at 5:30 so we had to fight traffic all the way home. So we didn't get back until almost 7:00. Anyway, back again tomorrow for another set of labs and the last day of chemo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauri, even though you may be losing your hair, you are not losing your spirit. What an inspiration you are! Hang in there and know that we are pulling for you.