Monday, June 18, 2007

Round 2, Day 1

Well, today didn't start off too great. We got to the hospital and there was a million people waiting for labs to be drawn. Luckily, I didn't have to wait too long there and I made it to the bed unit a little after 9:30 (which was my chemo start time). Only I didn't get called back until 11:15. Very frustrating. This really sucks because now I have to start at 11:30 for the rest of the week. There was no reason for the delay, I was simply "skipped over" for some reason. I was not very happy. But what can you do, absolutely nothing. It's like sitting in traffic for almost 2 hours and finding out there was no wreck or construction to cause it. Grrrrrrrr! Anyway, it's over now. The other bad part is that it puts us leaving at 5:30 pm, really sitting in Houston traffic. Not fun. But now we can sleep in and take our time in getting there. The rest of the day was uneventful. Got all my drugs. "The backpack" was hooked up around 2 pm, so I have that to keep me company tonight while Jeff is off to work again for another night shift. Hopefully he will get home and be able to get some rest in the morning before we head out to the hospital. He got some rest at the hospital today so that was good. My mom is heading in from Louisiana tomorrow afternoon and should be here before we arrive home from the hospital. All right, I think that's about it for today. I'm really sleepy, so I'm going to try and catch some shuteye now.

1 comment:

m.price said...

Sorry to hear that your day was so frustrating. Hopefully the next few will be better. Love the pictures. What a cute couple. I'll try to email you the pictures I have on Wednesday. It was great to see you again. Stay strong.