Saturday, June 23, 2007

Freak show

Yesterday I went to the hospital for acupuncture, unhooking of the backpack and to meet with my study nurse about my white tongue. The acupuncture went fine. I have not been feeling "hungry" the last 4-5 days, so that's one of the things the acupuncture doctor asks, like what your your symptoms. So I said, fatigue, nausea, anorexia (no appetite), etc. So she put 2-4 needles in my stomach. And almost immediately when she took them out, my stomach started growling. Isn't that crazy? It really does work. I still didn't feel like eating because my mouth is completely white, feels very thick and fuzzy. So off to see Pam, my study nurse. She comes in, takes one look at my mouth and says, "Wow, that's the whitest tongue I've ever seen". She then proceeds to call her doctor to come and look. Then they took pictures of my tongue for the journals and everything. I felt like a circus clown. (Not really, but it was kinda funny). Then that doctor calls a dentist to come and look at my tongue/mouth just make sure it's the study drug that's making my mouth look like this and not thrush. She came to the same conclusion, it's leukedema. Just overgrowth of oral mucosa. I guess it's better than mouth sores. So, after that fun, we went to eat lunch and then get unhooked from the dreaded backpack.

Also, yesterday the space shuttle made it's way back to earth and landed at Edward's Air Force Base in California. It's good to see another successful misson complete.

No comments: