Sunday, June 17, 2007

Raffle in Austin

Tonight I went to Austin for a raffle that my nurse friends put on to raise money for me. It was good to see everyone again and I had a good time. They raised a lot of money for me and I just wanted to thank everyone for donating items to raffle off, buying tickets and selling tickets. It's amazing to me how generous people are these days. I really appreciate everything my friends in Austin did for me. It was a nice evening. I even pulled my own name! I won a $50 gift certificate to a day spa in Austin. I am very excited about that. I can't wait to get a massage that lasts longer than 10 minutes (like the ones I get at MD Anderson). I especially want to thank Lesa for pulling everything together. She is an amazing woman and I really miss her! Thanks Lesa, your the best! I should be getting some pictures from some of the girls there so I will try to post them when I get them. It was my second day wearing a scarf on my head, so I'm still getting used to it. You'll have to let me know what you think.

Well, it's getting late. Jeff is working the late, late shift tonight. I expect him to be home around 4 or 5am. We have to be at the hospital at 9:30am for round 2 of chemo. Hopefully he can get some good sleep before we have to leave.

No comments: