Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Jeff's Birthday, CVC removal and the mouse

Today is Jeff's birthday, so I got up early (which for me is 8:00am!) and made cupcakes and brought them to work and surprised him. He left work early and we went to MD and got my cvc removed! Yeah! I'm so happy to have that thing out. I have to keep a bandage on it for one more day, but tomorrow I get to take a shower without having to tape it up with press and seal. Jeff's excited because he doesn't have to change my dressing anymore. After that, we went shopping so Jeff could spend his birthday money. He got some dvd's, cd's and a watch. All in all, not a bad day. Oh and last night as we were watching tv in the living room, I saw a mouse run along the wall and into our "fake" fireplace. We have had one mouse in the house last year and caught it with sticky traps. We've had sticky traps out since we caught that one just in case there were more, but never had signs of anymore, until last night. So we put out 2 fresh traps last night, along side the old trap, and hoped for the best. All morning I could hear the little mouse squeaking from behind the fireplace. I even tried "smoking" him out by turning on the fireplace thinking it would get too hot and he would run out right into our traps. But no such luck. So we left for the afternoon, but lo and behold when we returned tonight, there was the little mouse, stuck in the old trap. Thank goodness! He's now in the garbage where he belongs. Hopefully he was the only one. We shall see. Anyway, that was our day, a good day all around.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay for the CVC removal! And those cupcakes were delicious! Yum! I used to have a pet mouse named Ralphina (remember those Ralph on the Motorcycle books or shows? something like that), anyways, I was too afraid to play with her, so she just lived out her life running happily in the little wheel in her cage...

Anyways, glad to see you spending less time in drs offices/hospitals. It's a good trend :)

xtinapaul said...

Thanks for the cupcakes - they were super yummy!

Christina