Monday, October 15, 2007

Busy Day

Today I had a busy, but very relaxing day. My BFF Michelle came into town on Friday and stayed the weekend with me. My mom came in last night in preparation for my surgery. So this morning us three girls went and got manis and pedis. It was very nice. I haven't gotten a pedicure since May, right before I started chemo. Michelle left this morning after we got back. After lunch, my mom and I got massages at Herbana Spa in Clear lake. I got an hour long relaxation massage and my mom got a 30 minute stress relieving massage. I loved every minute of mine! It felt so good! Thanks to Tena for giving me the gift certificate! I would recommend that spa to anyone. They were super nice. My mom even got her massage free! They were having some sort of "special" on 30 minute massages, so hers was free. You can't beat that.
After our massages, we went shopping at HEB, Wal-Mart and Target. It is so nice to be able to go out and do that sort of thing without being totally drained from just walking around. Anyway, I got some cute pj's to wear in the hospital, as well as a new robe for the hospital. We also found the dog costumes at Target. As most of you know, we have two dogs, Maggie and Bromley, a springer spaniel and a maltese. I bought the cutest costume for Maggie, but it didn't fit. It was an astronaut! How appropriate, right? Too bad it didn't fit. She needs an XL and they didn't have that size. I'll have to return it tomorrow. I almost got the policeman outfit for Bromley. It was so cute!
Tomorrow Jeff has his final to become a HawkI. That is the "backroom" position in mission control. I know he'll do great! While he's at work, my mom and I will be at MD Anderson. I have to do a pulmonary function test, lab work, chest xray and I have doctors appointments with the surgeon, my study doctor (just a followup since I'm no longer in the study) and the anesthesiologist. I should find out tomorrow what time my surgery is.
Anyway, that's the news for now. I'll post tomorrow when I know what time my surgery will be. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers and cards and support. I appreciate all of it.

No comments: