Friday, October 19, 2007

Day 2 of recovery

Hi All! It's Lauri. I figured I would post since Jeff was gone all night and all day. My mom spent the night with me and all day. I had a much better night. Still up pretty often, but I got some good chunks of uninterrupted sleep. They finally got my pain under control. Besides the epidural with the pca pump (I can press the button and give myself a little extra medicine), I'm getting another medicine every 6 hours, round the clock, plus a pain patch on my shoulder. I had to have a little oxygen last night (2 liter nasal cannula) because my oxygen saturation would fall every time I fell asleep. It's off right now, we'll see if I need it tonight when I go to sleep. Hopefully I won't need it. I still have the chest tube. I'll probably get that taken out tomorrow. Once that's out, the epidural and catheter come out as well. Then home the day after that! So we're looking at probably Sunday when I get to come home.

Overall, I was less drowsy today. Again, they finally figured out the right dose of pain medicine. I had a much better day today. I was up more today, walking around the nurses station and sitting in the chair in my room. I've been doing my respiratory exercises like I'm supposed to, so I can prevent pneumonia. I've seen so many doctors today! Starting at 7:30 this morning until 4:30 this afternoon. My clinical oncologist showed up this morning to check on me, 2 surgeons, numerous pain doctors and nurses. It's been crazy! Anyway, that's about all. Thanks for the phone calls and prayers. They are working. That's all for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauri, so glad everything is going well for you. I've been praying everyday for you and Jeff. That is amazing that you will be going home soon. I know you'll rest much better there. I called Jeff the day of your surgery to let him know I was thinking about you guys. Sending you hugs from Baton Rouge.