Friday, September 28, 2007

The week in review

It's been awhile since I last posted so I'll just let you in on what we've been doing this past week.

This last weekend, Jeff and I and a group of friends of ours went down to Galveston and stayed at our Aunt and Uncle's beach house. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time relaxing, watching football and playing games. It was so nice to get out of the house for a change. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Monday-Friday I've had lab. The good thing is I did it at the Bay Area Clinic so I didn't have to go all the way into Houston except for one day. This helps a lot since I can go by myself.

Tuesday I went shopping with a friend of mine from work. I haven't been to the mall since May! I even bought a new LSU hat and a pair of jeans. I really enjoyed myself.

Thursday NASA and UT held a get together for all the UT grads that work at NASA. It was pretty cool to see how many alums work there now. It was a good turnout.

Now I have a funny story about what happened today. I was going into the building to get my lab work done and I was waiting for the elevator. There was a man there waiting with his daughter who was maybe 3 years old. She was talking away and then she looked back at me and said "She's a pirate!" (because I was wearing a scarf on my head). I started laughing but the dad looked embarrassed and apologized for his daughter's comment. I told him it was alright, it was pretty funny. Anyway, thought ya'll might enjoy that. Have a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I check your blog at least once a day if not more to see if you have any updates. Loved your story about the pirate. Imagine her eyes if you had mentioned your shark bite!! I guess your trip to the mall could be counted as exercise to build up your strength, huh? Glad you had a somewhat normal week. Love, Mama

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! What are y'all doing to celebrate?! :)