Monday, October 22, 2007

First night at home

Just wanted to let you know how my first night at home went. We got home yesterday afternoon around 3pm. We ate a late lunch at home. It was just Taco Bell, but it tasted wonderful compared to the hospital food! I took a long nap on the couch. So nice to be able to sleep and not be interrupted. When I woke up, I wasn't feeling very well, very nauseous. But I didn't exactly know why. I could have been hungry (I'm kinda weird like that, if I'm very hungry, I get nauseous), it could have been the medicine I'm taking or something else. But I choked down some chicken noodle soup and felt a somewhat better. But that feeling didn't last very long. I threw up about 45 minutes later. I felt ALOT better after that and then ate some apple pie! We went to bed shortly after that. I slept good during the 4 hour intervals I had between taking my medicine. Jeff was very sweet to me and woke me up every 4 hours and handed me the pills a glass of water. I slept until 8:45 this morning! It was wonderful sleeping in my own bed. We made breakfast tacos for breakfast and they were great. I then rested on the couch and dosed off and on. Jeff went to work, so my mom is staying with me. My pain has been under control for the most part. I'm getting used to it. It mainly is just really sore. I can still do the exercises I'm supposed to so that's all the matters.

Did anyone see the awesome LSU game this Saturday night? Unfortunately, we had to watch it in the hospital room on a very tiny tv and had to be pretty quiet since it was late at night and I had neighbors in both rooms next to me. But boy was it great. Thank goodness, cause it could have easily been very, very bad if that last pass was dropped. But the Gods were watching down on Tiger Stadium that night. Anyway, enough about that. More to come later...

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Glad your back at home and getting settled in!!

I watched that game and couldn't believe what I saw! I think i would have been a little more conservative if I was choosing the plays but in this case it worked out!

Anonymous said...

I’m not sure that my old heart can take too many more games like the last couple. I love a close game but this is starting to get dangerous; LSU might start loosing some of their older fans due to stress related heart attacks. If the games get any more intense, I may have to be sedated or medicated before watching the last quarter. Oh, I’m glad you are feeling better too.