Monday, September 17, 2007

The weekend review and appointment with surgeon

This weekend was pretty relaxing. Friday night we celebrated the end of chemo with some friends at a local Mexican restaurant and then went back to Cory and Erin's for some Catchphrase. The girls team lost this round, but we'll be back to get them the next time around! Saturday we went to our other friend's house to watch the UT game. We left at halftime to meet our next round of visitors at our house, Papa and Debbie. We went out for some good fried seafood from Abe's for dinner. Sunday was a lazy day of watching pro football. It was nice not doing anything for a change.

Today I went to the clinic and had my lab drawn. Everything looked good today, but the doc assumes I'm going to need blood and/or platelets by the end of the week. I'm feeling kinda tired even right now, so it might do me some good.

We also got our appointments for the surgeon, which is tomorrow at 8:00am. Kinda sucks since I don't need to go to the medical center until Wed and Fri and they have my appt tomorrow. I also have a pulmonary function test scheduled for this week and guess when they have it...Thursday. Can't these people get my stuff all on the same day? Sheesh. Now I have to go every day this week to the medical center. Anyway, enough complaining. At least I will get some answers tomorrow from the surgeon. We'll keep you posted on what he says.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will be waiting for the surgeon's news and info about the surgery schedule. The sooner you can get rid of those pesky tumors the better. My friends keep asking about you and sending their prayers your way. So glad you and Jeff can have a glimpse of the real world from time to time. Love always, Mama