Monday, September 3, 2007

Weekend Review

I know it's been a few days since I posted something so I'll try to let you know what's been going on these last few days. I've been feeling really good and I didn't have to go to the hospital! Yeah! Anyway, here's what's been going on:

Friday: I ended up needing platelets. I got to get them here in Clearlake, which was nice. I had to get admit ed to St. John's hospital. I went to outpatient surgery, got my own room with a bathroom and TV and received the platelets. They give you IV benedryl before you get any kind of transfusion, so I was out, taking a nice long nap during most of it. The whole transfusion still took awhile, but I was done at 4:30 and only had to fight NASA 1 traffic instead of Houston traffic. Much nicer! I felt pretty good that night so we headed to the movies to meet some friends to watch The Bourne Ultimatum. It was really good!!!

Saturday: Had more lab work to do, so we headed down to MD Anderson since the Clearlake clinic is closed on the weekends and holidays. Labs looked OK, no transfusion of blood needed, which was good. We meet some friends for lunch, then hung out for awhile. We watched some good college football games that night. We are both excited that football season is here again!

Sunday: We woke up super early to go get lab done in case I needed a transfusion. We had some good friends coming to visit from Baton Rouge and wanted to be home by the time they arrived. Labs looked pretty good again, so no transfusion today. We made it home before our friends arrived. They came in the afternoon and we had a nice barbecue dinner that Jeff made on the grill. It was yummy!! We ended up just hanging out at the house and watching movies that night.

Monday: Got to sleep in a little this morning. We ate some breakfast, then saw our friends off. We headed back into the car right after they left, back to MD for more lab work. Turns out, no transfusion needed again today. My hemoglobin is 7.5, so I'm borderline still, but hopefully tomorrow my counts will be going back up. If not, then I get my transfusion here in Clearlake, so that will be nice.

So that pretty much sums up our weekend. Wish we could have gone somewhere fun instead of MD every day, but that's the way it goes. We had a good time with all our friends instead. That's all for now...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend! We need to have a game night with everyone once we get back from FL.!!

Dee Ann said...

It was wonderful seeing you guys at lunch on Saturday. Keep up the good blood work! :-)