Monday, September 10, 2007

One down, 3 to go...

Today was the first day of my last week of chemo!! I still feel pretty good. Just a little tired and yes, already annoyed with my backpack. Today Jeff's dad came with me to chemo. And if you didn't know, he's an artist, a very good one at that (check out his work at http://www.chuckmauldin.com). And if you know me at all, you know I don't have a crafty or artistic bone in my body. That said, he brought his watercolors to the hospital in an effort to get me to paint something. I was hesitant at first, since I can't even draw a stick figure straight, but I just thought, what the heck, let's go for it. So he patiently taught me the rough ends and outs of watercolor, which is supposed to be the hardest thing to paint with. So after a few hours here's what mine looked like:

And yes, this really is mine and not his. I'm pretty pleased with it. It came out WAY better than I was expecting.

Onto another topic. As if anyone didn't know, this weekend was a big one for football fans. The great LSU played an outstanding game against Virginia Tech and came out with a big victory. As most of you know, we are HUGE LSU fans and even Maggie, our dog participates in the celebrating. Here is a picture of her pre-game with her LSU bandanna on, lovingly given to her by my best friend, thanks Michelle!


Here is Maggie after the game, all pooped out from celebrating all the touchdowns LSU scored. She was pooped!


Also, a couple of my really good friends from Austin came by for a few days last week and brought me a surprise. A beautiful quilt made of pictures of me, Jeff and the friends I worked with at Seton in Austin. It came out awesome! I hope the pictures come out so you can see them. Thanks, Lesa and Krislyn! I love it!


That's all the news for now. More later on...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great watercolor! i love it!

Mike said...

Seriously awesome painting!

Dee Ann said...

I'm so glad you gave painting a try because your result is awesome! Maggie looks adorable and your quilt is beautiful. What a football weekend: LSU, UT AND the Texans all won WOOOHOOO!!

Erin said...

you must be lying and have taken painting classes because that is amazing!
penn state whooped up on notre dame too, woooo!
xoxo Erin

Anonymous said...

Good for you trying new things like painting....and with a great teacher,too! I think it looks great...even for a first timer.

Love the new quilt...aren't friends the best?

Love,
Aunt Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hey girl
Can you please send me your email and home address.
Thanks
tapestri
tapestri74@yahoo.com