Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pilates

Since I have been at home and not working, I have really gotten out of shape. Not that I really felt like working out during chemo or after my surgeries, but I decided that I need to do something active before I get out of hand. I know I should probably walk around the neighborhood, but it's WAY to cold for me to go out there! I hate being in the cold. So I got a few suggestions from people and I did my Pilate's DVD today. It was so much harder than I remember! I'll probably be sore tomorrow! But I'm going to try and stick with it. It's very good for flexibility, which I need desperately. My left leg (the one my original tumor was in) is very stiff and tight from lack of doing anything with it. My right leg is better, but not much. So I'm hoping that I can stick with this and gain some flexibility back. I also purchased 2 yoga DVDs online, so I will incorporate those into my schedule as well. I think the deep breathing will be very beneficial for me in more ways than one. I should get those in next week. So today is day one of my Pilate's and I'm going to try and do it every day. It only takes 20 minutes, which is not long at all! And I don't have to get dressed and go anywhere, which saves a lot of time. But anyway, that's about all I have for now. Oh, for those that are interested, our tv got fixed yesterday! Thank goodness! For those that didn't know, we have a dlp tv in the living room and the bulb burned out last Thursday afternoon and it took until yesterday afternoon to get it fixed. That was really hard for me to be at home and not have my big tv to watch! But I survived and I'm enjoying my tv again. Hopefully this bulb will last a lot longer than that first one.

Hope everyone has a great day! Don't freeze, I hear it's going to cold soon!

3 comments:

Joshua said...

Would you recommend the Mitsubishi DLP TV if someone was in the market for a giant TV?

Anonymous said...

Pilates combined with yoga makes for a great workout. I am really glad that you are feeling good enough to start working out.

F.Y.I.
I have attended yogalates classes and really love them; just don't try to do everything the first time or you will find yourself extremely sore for a few days (if you are even remotely as out of shape as I was, you might find it difficult to roll out of bed on the second morning after); however, you are a lot younger than I am so it may not be nearly so bad for you. Keep it up because by the time the third day rolls around the pain is a vague memory and your energy level starts to climb.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I guess I should have looked at the date of your posting; you have already gotten past the third morning. Hope you are feeling great.