Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

6 years ago today, on a rainy, cold day in Baton Rouge, Jeff and I said "I do". I can't believe it's been 6 years, Jeff on the other hand, says, "It's only been 6 years? Seems like forever!" Ha! But seriously, today is the day that you remember your vows and what they mean to you. Jeff and I have lived through every one of them, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad. I can tell you which vows I prefer, but we've lived them all. And that's what makes you stronger as a couple. Hopefully you married folks won't have to test all the vows like we have, but if you do, remember why you said them in the first place and hold on to that. All right, enough of the sappy stuff. Today we packed up all the Christmas decorations and started cleaning up the house. I know, very fun to do on your anniversary. But tonight we are going to go out and have a nice dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. I'm looking forward to it, I think it will be very nice. Maybe we'll even take pictures. I know I owe ya'll some pictures on here. Hopefully I can get those up real soon. Keep checking!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauri,

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU & JEFF, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

You are so right, you and Jeff have lived through every marriage vow in just six short years. You both are an inspiration to everyone!

Enjoy your dinner tonight.
Love,
Ms. Judy

Joshua said...

Congrats!!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary!

Erin said...

ooh la la, look at you! happy anniversary guys! we miss you all and cant wait to hang out again when we get back to H-town! happy new year!

Kristi and Chance said...

I can't believe that it has been 6 years!!!!!!! Wow!!

Congratulations!! You two look great!

Love,
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Glad you added the picture - love it. Could you send me a copy? We'll be cheering for LSU and will NOT call during the game. :) Love, Mama & Joe

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary,Jeff and Lauri! I remember your wedding day so well and you are even more in love today...that's great! I love your picture ...you both are so dear to us! Lauri,you look so beautiful and happy.Jeff,you look very handsome too,always! Good for you...happy 2008 !
Love,
Aunt Sherry

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Of course, I always knew you guys would make it. Here's to at least another 50 years together. Love the hair, Lauri. Looks great!

Traci