Monday, December 17, 2007

The past few days...

Let's see what's been going on the past few days. Jeff's parents left to go back to Fredericksburg on Thursday. They took the two dogs with them because we're going to be going to Louisiana for Christmas and it's easier if they have them. I sure do miss them, though. Thursday I took a neonatal resuscitation class that I have to have in order to work, so I got that done. Saturday Jeff and I went over to our friends house for a small Christmas party. It was very nice, we had good food, good friends and good music. I wasn't feeling all that great, because I have recently been diagnosed with shingles. They are not fun, let me tell you. I have this nasty rash on my lower stomach and on my leg. It's very painful and sometimes itchy. But thanks to a great doctor friend, I got the medicine I need and I'm in the process of taking that. Sunday was a very bad day. I think I got out of bed for like 30 minutes all day. I felt sick and extremely tired. I think I slept like 20 hours yesterday. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to sleep last night since I slept all day, but no worries, I slept very well for once. I think the shingles medicine is kicking in and starting to help my rash clear up. It's going to take awhile, but I don't think it's spreading anymore.

Anyway, that about sums up the last few days. Just going to take it easy the rest of the week, finish wrapping presents and then packing. Jeff and I plan on leaving for Louisiana on Friday morning and coming back on the 26th. Then we'll head west on the 29th to Fredericksburg to spend New Years with Jeff's family. I'm looking forward to seeing all my family and friends that I haven't seen in awhile. It should be fun. That's all for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the two of you on Sunday. It will be wonderful to have you here and I know that mom and dad must be counting the days till they get to see you. I hope the medicine for the shingles works fast so that you can relax and enjoy all of the Christmas festivities.
I know that you must be glad to be getting back to work soon; you are a lot tougher than me because being off just a couple of weeks makes me a little crazy. It won't be long before you will be able to get your hands on the tiny little ones again.

Kristi and Chance said...

Oh, Lauri - I hope that the shingles go away soon! That does not sound like fun at all. Rest up and get better girlfriend. I can't wait to see you over the holidays. We will be heading to Lafayette from Sunday through Wednesday so we must make plans to get together.

Kristi