Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Hello All, just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! We arrived home today from our trip to Louisiana. We had a great time and got to see just about everyone in our family and a few friends as well. We got lots of great presents (one of which was a new camera) so look forward to many new pictures on here shortly. It will probably take me awhile to figure out how to get them on the computer, so be patient. But we took lots of good pictures so I'll try to get them posted so you can see them too.

On a side note, I had heard just recently that I might qualify for social security disability benefits, since I was out of work for so long. So I looked into it and spent a couple of hours filling out all the forms. I figured I might as well get it while I can since it probably won't be there when I need it when I'm older. So lo and behold, I was approved and my first check came in! It was the November check since that is when I could start receiving benefits. But it is quite a lot of money which is great. The bad part is, I plan to start back to work in January, and I think I stop getting payments when I return to work. But I will get it for a few months at least, so I'm excited about that.

Anyway, that's all for now. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and has a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to come to LA for Christmas. The entire family enjoyed your visit. Good news about SSI benefits. Could not have come at a better time! Now let the good news continue - a happier and healthier New Year. Love, Mama

Anonymous said...

Great news on receiving the SS disability benefits; you are probably right when you say that it will not be around when you are old enough to start drawing. It was wonderful to see both of you for Christmas and I hope that you enjoyed your visit as much as we enjoyed seeing you. I second your mom’s wish that you have a happier and healthier year in 2008 and all the years to follow.

Dee Ann said...

Yea for Social Security!! (for once). Let's spend some of it on some El Dorado Mexican food ;-)