Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Doctor's Visits

Today was supposed to be a morning only at the hospital, but turned out to be an all day event. I had two doctor's appointments, one at 9am and one at 11am. I didn't see the first doctor until after 10am and I didn't see the other doctor until after 1:30pm! So frustrating! It would have been nice if they would have told us when we checked in that they were running behind schedule so we could have gone and eaten lunch, but they didn't say a word, so we sat there from 11am until 1:30pm in the waiting room. Ughhhhh! We didn't leave MD Anderson until 2:30pm. Anyway, besides that, we got good news from my scans yesterday. Looks like there are no tumors left on my left lung. He removed one tumor, a calcification (not cancer) and two lymph nodes, which were also negative for cancer. Yeah! The two tumors on the right lung are stable, which means that they haven't grown any since my last chemo. Also good news. One tumor is 3cm and the other one is 2-3mm. The surgery should go exactly the same as last time. The recovery time is expected to be the same as well. It all depends on how fast I get the chest tubes out. I'm shooting for a discharge date of next Tuesday, so we'll see. Anyway, that's about all I have for today. Surgery time will be known on Thursday afternoon. Most likely first thing in the morning on Friday. That's all for now.

6 comments:

Jennifer Trew said...

Hey Lauri...I'll be thinking about you all day on Friday! Best of luck with surgery. Smiles, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Great news indeed! Hope your surgery Friday goes as well as your last! :) Can't wait to see everyone during Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Great news on the scans, Lauri!!!
Even though I was sorry that you had to be stuck in the doctor's waiting room during lunch, I was glad to hear that you were bothered about not being able to eat. Why? Because it means that your appetite is back and you are racing down the road to recovery. You keep up the good work and we will keep doing our job by keeping you in our thoughts and in our prayers.

Kristi and Chance said...

Great news Lauri! That is awesome. I know you are going to do great with your next surgery and we will be thinking about you and praying for you lots!! :D

Thank you so much for updating your blog so regularly. Hey - did you ever get the box I sent to you??

Anonymous said...

You are truly an inspiration, Lauri. So glad to read the good news! Good luck with your surgery. I will continue praying for you and Jeff.

Anonymous said...

Great news about your test results !! I got your message on my cell phone...sorry, my mum just arrived from London and I was prb. coming back from the airport. Anyway, will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope your surgery is smooth sailing. Take Care and 'hi' to Ellen. Will talk to you soon.
Oi-Ling