Friday, November 2, 2007

Benefit Dinner

Yesterday, Jeff and I went to Austin for the evening. Most of you know this, but for those of you who don't, I had a really great friend from Austin that passed away from breast cancer a couple of years ago. There is an endowment scholarship that has been started in her name. So last night there was a benefit dinner and auction held to raise money for the scholarship and to celebrate the fist recipient of the scholarship money. It was held at the Austin Club in downtown Austin. It was so nice! The place was decorated beautifully. The food was fantastic, also! I got to catch up with all my old friends I worked with in Austin. I had a really good time and I was glad we made the trip. We got home around 2am. I was tired and went straight to bed. Jeff stayed up a little while. He's been used to going to bed around 5am anyway, so that's what he did. He's still on night shift throughout the weekend. But he's doing well with that shift. Anyway, that's all for now. More later...

No comments: