Monday, August 27, 2007

Meeting with the New Doctor at Clearlake MD Anderson

So I had the meeting with the doctor at the new Clearlake Campus of MD Anderson this morning. He is very nice and I really like him. He seemed to be on the same page with our thinking and wants to make everything easier for us by doing everything we can locally instead of going all the way to the medical center. The facility itself was very nice and everyone was very friendly. It looks like I'll be able to do most of my labs there, as well as any transfusions I need. I cannot do chemo there, but that's ok. The labs are our biggest concern at the moment. The doctor is supposed to coordinate with my chemo doctor and the study doctor and see if we can consolidate some of the labs they require. I'm supposed to get a call sometime this afternoon about that.

Anyway, I love the new facility and I'm excited to be able to go there. I'm feeling pretty good health wise. Tired as usual, but still able to get around pretty good. Not much of an appetite, but still eating like I should. That's all for now. More later...

2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

That's SO much closer to home than MD. Yea! Sara Lily's pediatrician is in that same building. We go there Thursday for shots :-(

Joyce A said...

Laurie,
I am so very glad you are doing so well!!! I am your Mom's neighbor and she has been keeping me posted. Thank God for answered prayers!!! I had a session of breast cancer a few years back and at the time I could make no sense of it. But now, I see how it made me a better person and I have the ability that only comes with experience to help others. This will make a better nurse of you and God will bless you. Keep fighting and we will keep praying.
God Bless You, Joyce Adams