Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Well, we finally checked out of Ritz Anderson and arrived home around 12:30ish. It's going to be a short visit home because we have to go back tomorrow for more lab work, chest xray and doctor's visit with the study doctor. Friday back again for another doctor's visit and the Pallifermin. Fun, fun. Overall I feel really good. My counts are all in a good range. I feel a little sleepy because of the terrible sleep you get in a hospital. I'm sure Jeff and I will both sleep well tonight in our own bed. He says sleeping on the "chair which folds out into a bed" was not very comfortable and he felt like he had been camping for the last 4 nights in a tent that was pitched on rocks. He'll sleep like a baby tonight, I'm sure!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the phone calls and well wishes while I was in the hospital. It helped the time fly right on by (wink, wink). Anyway, glad to be home and not attached to the iv pole. That's all for now.

PS. Chemo is still on for next week as of right now. We'll keep you posted if that changes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are finally home. I guess Joe and I will start packing for next Tues unless your chemo is really postponed. We visited with Mrs. Debbie Bourg today and she sends her wishes for your good health.

Unknown said...

Hi Jeff and Laurie,

That is really great news to hear! Benedicte and I are really glad you're back at home and feeling better. We read your blog regularly and really appreciate the work you guys put into it. Take care and get some good sleep tonight.

Melissa said...

Whoohoo! There's no place like home! Glad you kicked the fever's butt. :)

Joshua said...

Welcome back to beautiful League City! Glad your back home!

Lisa said...

Hey Lauri, I'm so glad to here you are feeling better and are back home! Take care!!