Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Checkup

Today I had my checkups at MD Anderson. My doctor wanted to wait until after my first trimester to do any scans, so here we are. I had a chest xray, blood work and an ultrasound of my leg. I didn't have to stay all day (like I usually do if I have CT scans or MRI's), so that was good. I convinced the girl doing my leg ultrasound to do a quick scan of the baby and she was happy to do so! The equipment is not as high tech as the one in the high risk doctor's office, but everything looked fine as far as she could tell. The little heart was beating away and the baby was flipping all around. Still very tiny (I'm 14 weeks today), and still with Alien face. ;) But in a few weeks, that will all change. I'm still feeling good. I'm starting to outgrow some of my clothes, but you still can't really tell I'm pregnant unless you know. I'm sure in a few weeks I'll start to pop out. I may post a picture then, we'll see! But that's about all that's going on. Had a quick trip to Fredericksburg/Austin last weekend so we missed the "non-hurricane" hurricane like weather. I'm glad since I would have freaked out watching the water come closer and closer to my doorstep. (We have a drainage problem on our street). We came back to blue skies and warmth. Perfect! I see my doctor tomorrow for the results of the tests I took today. I'm not worried about the ultrasound, just a little worried about chest xray. We're praying nothing shows up. I'll post tomorrow and let you know.

TTFN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is TTFN? Glad to hear you talked the technician into ultrsounding your abdomen. Always reassuring to hear that little heartbeat. Know everything will be okay tomorrow. Keep the faith. Mama

nujoud said...

Good to hear it is going well Lauri. Here's good wishes for positive results back!

Lauri and Jeff said...

Ta ta for now.