Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4 years ago

So I was at work last night thinking, Wow, I think it's been 4 years since I had my tumor removed from my leg. It was April 5, 2005. I can't believe it's been that long since I've had cancer. Time really flies and a lot has happened since then. I found some old pictures to compare my leg then, after 1 year and today. Just thought it might be cool to compare. You may feel otherwise. :) But the nurse in me thinks it's kinda cool. And I found a picture from after surgery that was pretty healed and not too gross!

April 20, 2005



Leg after 1 year:




Leg today (sorry it's not the best, I took it myself)



So just a little nostalgia for you!

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my high risk OB Dr. Rowe. It will be the first meeting with him and I hear nothing but good things about him. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm assuming he's going to do another ultrasound (which I like!) and there is a possibilty we could find out the gender of the baby! That is, if the baby cooperates. He has an 80% success rate of being right at 12 weeks, which is what I will be tomorrow. Then on Thursday I have my appointment with my regular OB. We will post more pictures and news after these appointments.

3 comments:

AudreyElla2008 said...

Hey, you will love Dr. Rowe! He is very nice and so is Dr. Goodrum. I seen both of them with Audrey. Plus, our friends delivered with Dr. Rowe and they love him to pieces! We found out the sex of the baby at that appointment too. Good Luck!

Stacy

AudreyElla2008 said...

I forgot to say Dr. Rowe will do an ultrasound and they have flat panels on the wall so you can really see the ultrasound, it's exciting!

nujoud said...

Good luck with the ultrasound. We still haven't decided if we are going to find out the gender of the baby.