Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Surgery tomorrow

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. I have to be there at 6am. Bright and early! I think this means that I will be the first case. I'm hoping so, since I can't eat or drink anything after midnight tonight. I think I can handle the eating thing, but no water is going to be hard. Especially since I get up every 2-3 hours to feed Charlie. But I'm glad I will be there first thing. My parents and Jeff's parents have arrived, so we will have the homefront covered and the hospital covered. Jeff will be going back and forth. We met with the surgeon today and everything will be pretty much the same as last time. The tumor did not grow since my last scan a month ago, so that is good news. I'm hoping they can get the epidural in right this time (it made my entire left arm numb right after surgery and fell out on about day 3 with my chest tubes still in. Ouch!) So I've mentioned this to the team so they will not make that mistake again. Jeff will update whenever he gets a chance, so be patient. :) Here's to being cancer free...for the 4th time!

No comments: