Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 2 Post Op

Today is Day 2 Post Op and I'm doing really well. My pain is well under control with the epidural (unlike my previous surgeries) and I'm getting up and walking around, doing my breathing exercises and my appetite is slowly coming back. I was not a happy camper when I got to my room and they told me I could only have ice chips till 6:30 the next morning! I had had nothing to eat or drink since midnight on Tuesday and couldn't get anything but ice chips till Wednesday morning! Someone needs to change these rules. That sucked! But alas, I survived. Jeff stayed with me the first night and left around lunch time to go back to the house to help his parents out with Charlie. My mom and my dad hung out with me during the day. My mom spent the night with me last night and she quickly realized that you can't get any sleep in a hospital. (She actually had it pretty good, because the night before was even worse with the interruptions). She got a nap this morning while my dad and Jeff were here. My dad left this morning, so now my mom and Jeff are alternating staying with me. It's kind of a lose/lose situation because you get no sleep in the hospital room but if you go home, you have a baby that wants to eat every 1.5-2 hours! So anyway, my chest tubes still have a slight air leak so those can't come out until the leak is gone and I drain only 300 cc's in a 24 hour period. I'm hoping they will come out tomorrow. Then I will have to get my pain under control with oral pain meds and tolerate those without any nausea/vomiting. I'm hoping for a Sunday discharge date, but we'll see. I miss my baby! I am hoping to get a short visit from him later on, but haven't heard from home to know.

So I guess that's about all. This surgery has been so much better than the previous ones because my epidural worked right the first time. Everything was pretty smooth after that. That's all for now. Will try to update soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GLAD TO HEAR THINGS ARE GOING SMOOTHLY!!! THANKS AGAIN FOR THE POSTS SO EVERYONE CAN KEEP UP WITH THE FAMILY AND YOUR RECOVERY!!!!!! LOVE, BONES