Sunday, August 30, 2009

Who would have thought...

that keeping a '79 Camaro in your garage would warrant a free pizza? But that's just what happened on Wednesday. I heard that the founder of Papa John's pizza had sold his old Camaro in the 70's to start up his pizza business and that he had recently found the exact one that he sold all these years ago. I think he sold it for around $2500 or so and bought it back for $250,000! In honor of that, he said that anyone that drove to a Papa John's store in their Camaro would get a free large 1 topping pizza. So I informed Jeff of this and he fired up the car, drove to the store and brought us back some dinner. They even took his picture. Pretty cool!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had read about this also and am glad that you were able to score a pizza. Jeff looked great in the photo also. Mama

Erin said...

That's awesome!!

Kasuen said...

I love Papa John's pizza!!! Too bad I don't have a Camero...