Friday, August 28, 2009

More on Baby...

Wednesday I had my regular 32 week checkup. Everything is still looking good. I only gained 1 pound since the previous appointment 2 weeks before (I was happy about that!). We have started a plan since we are getting down to weeks before delivery. Next week I will get the steroid shots, which are 2 shots given 24 hours apart. Those will be given at the hospital on Thursday and Friday of next week, but it will be a quick get the shot and then leave, no biggie. I will get my ct scan at MD Anderson on Sept 14, with results given to me on Sept. 15. I am supposed to also meet with my surgeon that day, but that has not been scheduled yet. I'm still waiting on that one. I have a scheduled 34 week checkup on Sept. 16. We have tentatively scheduled my amnio for Sept 23 with the high risk doctor, with another appointment with my regular OB that day as well for my 36 week appointment. This could also be induction day depending on the amnio results. Jeff and I (and I think my oncologist is as well), are thinking that we should wait until I'm at least 37 weeks before we induce. The induction would start on the night of Sept 30, with delivery by Oct. 1. Wow! That's not too far away. So we have narrowed down the delivery to a week. My OB is on call on Thursday's so she would like to start my induction on a Wednesday night, either Sept 23 or Sept 30. We won't know for sure until after my ct scan results and/or amnio results.

We did get to have an ultrasound yesterday afternoon. Good news is that he is no longer breech and is head down. Yay! Let's hope he stays that way. He is also measuring about a week and a half bigger than my dates, but that is fine since he will be coming early, I would rather him be a bit bigger. His estimated weight is 4 pounds 10 ounces. My amniotic fluid level is normal as well. All in all, good news. I think that is about all the news I have at this point. We are in the home stretch now...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Good news!! Can't wait to meet the little guy!! :)

Erin said...

Wow! I can't believe it's almost here! I can't wait to meet baby Mauldin!