Monday, May 12, 2008

Randomness

So I know I've been neglecting the blog recently and I fear it's going to continue. I have started back to work and my schedule is very erratic so posting will probably be in spurts. So let's see if I can sum up the last week or so.

I have planted a mini vegetable pot garden in the backyard consisting of tomatoes, jalapenos, banana peppers, cayenne peppers, parsley and chives. Some of the plants weren't doing so well, so I got some new ones, and they are going strong! I have pictures to prove it. We also finally planted the blueberry trees/shrubs in the backyard. And so far so good. They are apparently kinda hard to grow, but ours have been in the ground for a week and there are still blueberries on it! Maggie has not gotten into it or the birds. I have actually eaten two blueberries off of it. They were pretty tart, but edible. I'm pretty pleased with them so far.

Jeff's sister Carrie and her new husband Chris came in this weekend and we treated them to a crawfish boil down in Galveston. Once again, the crawfish were excellent. Jeff has really done a good job with the boiling. We invited a few friends down and ate crawfish, went out on the jet skis and just hung out and had a good time. Pictures to follow.

We also had a neighborhood garage sale this weekend which we participated in. We had everything all ready to go from the garage sale that was supposed to happen last year, but we ended up with a torrential downpour and bad flooding, so it never happened. So we just pulled everything back out and set up shop early Saturday morning. We didn't have a lot of stuff, but we did sell our old, big 36 inch, heavier than you can imagine, Sony Wega. It was good to get rid of it. We made a couple hundred bucks for a couple of hours of work, so not too shabby.

Jeff had jury duty today in Galveston. He was not selected for a jury so far, but he has to call after 6pm tonight to see if he has to go back tomorrow. Hopefully, he won't. But I'm glad he is going first cause it'll be my turn in a couple of weeks. I wonder how random it is if we get called right about the same time. And coincedently, we just transferred our voter registration to Galveston county. Hmmmm, makes you wonder.

Anyway, I guess that's all for now. I hope everyone had a great mother's day yesterday.

Here are some random pictures from my grandpa's 90th birthday, Kirsten, my veggie garden and the crawfish boil.


Enjoy!


No comments: