Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The weekend in review

Well, we just got back into town yesterday afternoon from Louisiana. We had a good time and once again, got to see just about everyone. We left on Friday and were delayed about 2 hours due to construction traffic in Orange. They were "working" on one little bridge and had blocked off maybe a 1/2 mile of the interstate and that just clogged up the whole interstate. It was a mess and very frustrating. But anyway, we made it, just a little later than expected. On Saturday we had my niece's 2nd birthday party. It was pretty fun and she got lots of good presents. After everyone left, we got in the car and headed to downtown New Orleans to go see the Endymion parade. Kevin Costner was the grand marshal, but I didn't get anything from him. The Doobie Brothers were on the next float and I did manage to catch some beads from them! After the parade, we went across the lake and spent the night at my mom's house. The next morning, we woke up bright and early to go back across the lake for a full day of parades. We met up with some friends and caught 5 parades! We saw Hulk Hogan, Les Miles (LSU Head Coach), some LSU football players and the cheerleaders with our mascot, Mike the Tiger. We even saw Ashlee Simpson! Just kidding. There was a girl standing by us that looked just like her. I'll try to get a picture so you can see for yourself. We managed to get to a tv just in time to see the last 2 minutes of the Super Bowl. The Giants pulled off a great one! After the game, we went back to my mom's house. We got up and loaded up her old washer and dryer in Jeff's truck and headed on our way. We made a pit stop in Baton Rouge to buy the family some LSU Championship t-shirts and got to our house late in the afternoon. I picked up Maggie and Bromley from the boarding place and they were very happy to see me. I didn't get an update on how the dogs did over the weekend, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Bromley barked the whole time. He is hoarse! It's got to take a lot of barking to make a dog hoarse. I've got to take him back there on Thursday to get him groomed so I'll try to get the rundown on what happened. Crazy dog! That's all for now. I'm going to try out my new (used) washer and dryer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never heard of a dog getting hoarse but I can certainly see how Bromley could be the one. Glad you had a great visit and the weather was almost ideal. Mama