Thursday, February 14, 2008

Life in general

So I know it's been awhile since I've written anything so I'll try to let you know what's been going on. Not much I guess. Jeff has been super busy with the mission. I see him for a few hours in the afternoon when he gets home and then he goes to bed early.

Jeff's mom, Grandma and I went shopping for wedding things on Tuesday. We had a lot of fun and got a lot accomplished. We went out again on Wednesday and we found shoes for the bridesmaids that match really well with the material we got to make the sashes for the dresses. The dresses are apple red with an ivory sash. Things are getting planned for the bridal shower, which I am hosting. So I have been pretty busy with wedding stuff. Kinda good that I'm not working! But I'm having a lot of fun doing this.

Last night, I went to Boondoggles for Erin's birthday celebration. There was about 10 of us in all and we had a good time. We had presents and yummy cake, too! Jeff couldn't make it because he was at home sleeping.

Now about me. For those of you that don't know, my nails had started growing these weird horizontal lines throughout the nail bed, which made them very fragile and brittle. They are almost all grown out now, so I'm excited for that. I guess it was after effects of the chemo, but it was really weird because during chemo, my nails were beautiful, long and strong. Oh well. And now my eyelashes are doing weird things, too. From the inner corner of my upper lid, my eyelashes fell out. They are growing back now, but I just think it's weird. And the bottom lashes are falling out all over! It really sucks! They did this already during chemo, then came back, and now are falling out again. What is going on? But luckily, my hair on my head is continuing to grow. It's not as thick as I'd like, but it's there all the same. It's starting to get this little curl in the back. Not sure if it's going to stay curly or straighten out when it gets longer, we'll see. The hair on top is still straight. Never a dull moment around here!

I guess that's all for now. Jeff will have to work until Monday morning, then he will finally have a break and a normal schedule.

Later...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!! Glad that you have been keeping busy. You sound like you have been having a good time as "wedding planner". I know Carrie's excited about all of the plans too.

Greg said...

Lauri
Hope you and Dee Ann have fun this weekend! Get lots of cool plants.

:)
Amanda