Sunday, September 27, 2009

The New Ride

FINALLY! Lauri and I finally went out and got a car for our family to be! The new ride seats 4 (2 adults, and 2 GI Joe action figures).... Seriously, I finally got my new Camaro!!

I've been saving up for a 2010 Camaro SS for a long time, and my day finally came on Friday! Lauri and I took a spin over to the Chevy dealership and picked up a new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS. I was able to get the price I was working towards, so we didn't have to break the bank. While the timing with the baby coming may make some wonder if we should visit a psych ward instead of a delivery room on Wednesday night, we had this in the plans for some time. My Dad got his Camaro at the same time I was being born into this world, so I made it a tradition and did the same for my son. I had a blast riding in my Dad's Camaro growing up, and I hope my son has a blast in both of them! This is actually my dream car, and I've been tracking it's development since before we got pregnant. I'm telling you, this purchase has been in the works for a long time...

The car is a rocket. Tons of fun to drive (6 speed manual transmission with 427 horsepower has a lot to do with it)!

And hey, it even has the latch hookups in the backseat to setup a car seat for the kid...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! How cool is that? Love that new Camero...happy birthday to you and your new son!! Can't wait to take a ride in your new car and hold your new son.

Love,
Aunt Sherry

aprilinsalt said...

You can hear your excitement!

ACQ said...

It's so cool that your dad brought you home in the Camaro and now your son will ride in one! I can't wait to see pictures of the new addition to the family!

Greg said...

Hey Jeff and Lauri! Excited yall got a new ride - and loved catching up on your blog and seeing all the pics!!!

Can't wait to see the newest addition to your family.

Love,
Greg and Amanda

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THE 2010 CAMERO!! CAN I GET A RIDE SOON??? CONGRATS!! HOPE ALL GOES SMOOTHLY FOR THE PENDING DELIVERY, BONES