Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day at the Hospital

Today I had some presurgery things to do at the hospital, like labs, chest xray, ct scan and a visit with my surgeon. My mom came with me and it was a long day. I had a ct scan of my lungs as well as my pelvis/abdomen and the only nodule they saw was the one that we are getting rid of on Thursday. It has grown only slightly in the last month, from 7mm to 8.5mm and it did not make any new "friends" either. Yay for that. The surgery will take about 2.5-3 hours, since he has to go through old scar tissue. But he will use the same incision, which is nice. I can expect to be in the hospital anywhere between 3-7 days, depending on when I get the chest tubes out and how long it takes to get my pain under control. Hopefully it will be better than last time. I'm starting out in a better place physically, so that definitely helps. I won't find out what time I go in until late tomorrow afternoon after they set the surgery schedule. I will try to post it whenever I get the news. I have a bunch of family coming in so I have lots of support. I'm just ready to get this over with and then be cancer free...again. Third time's the charm, right?

Stay tuned for more updates tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Kristi and Chance said...

Sending thoughts and prayers your way!!!

Love,
Kristi and Chance