Monday, September 1, 2008

Back at home

We arrived back at home at 6pm tonight. A little bit of traffic on the way home, but not terrible. We saw about 80 ambulances on I-10 headed west. Not sure what that was about, but very odd. The dogs slept well on the way home. They had a busy three days. We had a total of 5 people and 4 dogs during our stay. We were almost outnumbered! Besides our two dogs, Jeff's parents have their golden retriever puppy, Macy, who is about 6 months old and Carrie, Jeff's sister has a puppy, Cami, who is about 6 months old as well. The puppies wanted to play 24/7 and our dogs didn't really want any part of that. There were some tense moments, but no blood was shed. Lucky for Cami! She was the instigator! But we had a great time and lucky for us, Gustav headed straight to Louisiana. Not lucky for my family and friends, who are spread all along I-10/I-12. Everyone got some of the effects of Gustav. Only power outages and minor wind damage. My dad got some water in his house, but I don't think it was very much. So everyone did ok. My nephew is supposed to get Christened this weekend coming up, so we hope everything is still on for that. Otherwise, back to work for Jeff and I starting tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good weekend, but I know Gustav screwed up most people's plans, no matter if you were in Texas or Louisiana. I have some pictures from the weekend. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauri and Jeff,
Thanks for the pictures...I LOVE seeing you and all the puppies! See ya soon in Oct.

Aunt Sherry