Saturday, June 28, 2008

Plea to dog owners

Hello All, we are in Louisiana awaiting the arrival of my first nephew. Today my sister and I were on the highway on the way to Target when a dog in the back of a truck, started hanging from his collar from the side of the truck. The driver had no idea that his dog was dangling and getting strangled while he cruised along the highway at around 65 mph. I slowed down cause I didn't want to run over the dog if it got loose. I started honking trying to get the drivers attention. I got the attention of the car in front of me who was actually a lot closer to the truck. The dog eventually slipped out of the collar and made it's way to the side of the road, dazed and pretty banged up, but out of harm's way. The car in front of me sped up and stopped the truck and told him that he lost his dog about 3/4 mile back. Thankfully, I didn't have to stop, since I had an almost 9 months pregnant woman and a toddler in the car. So I'm hoping that he got his dog back and learned a very valuable lesson. So for all you dog owners out there, please, please don't tie your dog up in the back of the truck. Put him in a kennel or inside the truck. And always pay attention to the dog if he's in the back. Things can happen very quickly and luckily this dog survived.

Anyway, just wanted to warn everyone out there about this dangerous practice. We are having a good time here and enjoying some much needed vacation. We'll have plenty of pictures to post after the baby comes. Stay tuned...

No comments: