Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Jury duty and new shutters

Today was my second day of being a juror. It's not too terrible, but there are definately better ways I can think of to spend my day. I have to go back tomorrow, but I think we will be done, and I'm hoping by lunchtime. I'm not allowed to say what kind of trial it is until it's over, so you'll have to wait and see! I plan on leaving for Louisiana after I'm done, so I'm hoping to get out at a reasonable time.

On another note, I got out kinda early today so I got to be here when the new plantation shutters were installed. My friend Dee Ann was kind enough to stay here and let them in until I could get home. They look awesome! So much better than the paper shades we've had up since we moved in. I have the before and after pics here.

Master bedroom before:


Master bedroom after:



Office before:




Office after:


Bedroom 1 before:



Bedroom 1 after:



Bedroom 2 before:



Bedroom 2 after (we just got faux wood blinds in here):





I think they look a ton better and I love the versatility. Now I can actually let the light in!

6 comments:

Joshua said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Those look awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look. Mama

Anonymous said...

The shutters look great! We thought about getting plantation shutters, too, but opted for blinds instead. Now I wish we would have gotten the shutters! I'm jealous...

Melissa said...

Ooh I like them a lot! Mental note "plantation shutters".

Anonymous said...

Wood blinds slats are the lightest of all blinds and are generally the best bet for large windows. They are known to give a cozy feel to the room and provide the desired privacy, even while allowing enough sunlight to filter through the slats.