Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend review

Yesterday Jeff and I made a whirl wind trip to Lafayette, La to attend a wedding of a good friend of mine. We weren't sure we would be able to make it, but my white blood cells (the infection fighting ones) came up to a good enough level on Saturday that we figured it would be safe to attend. The wedding was great and Kristi and her family were very happy that I was able to go. I wore my wig for the first time and I think it looked ok. Jeff and I had a good time and it was really good to get out of the house and go somewhere other than MD Anderson.

Pictures from the wedding:















So today I had blood work drawn for the 7th day in a row. Yes, I said 7 days in a row. AND I have more to do tomorrow. That makes 8 days in a row. My poor arms are all bruised up. I feel like a pin cushion. The good news today was that my WBC's came way up and my platelet count (these help your blood clot) came back up. The only thing still going down was my hemoglobin. If it drops below 7 I'll need a blood transfusion. It was 7.6 today, so hopefully by tomorrow it will be on the way up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauri, I just wanted to say that you look great in your wig. I am glad that you and Jeff have set this up so that everyone who loves you can keep up with how you are doing.

Kristi and Chance said...

Yes, we were SO happy to have you at our wedding. It was the most special part of the day and really meant so much to me. You just don't even know. We promise that we will make a trip to Houston to visit once things settle down. We love you. Oh, I am writing from Jamaica where it is definitely a slice of heaven. Stay strong - you're doing great.

Love,
Kristi and Chance