Saturday, July 7, 2007

CT Scan Results

I had a ct scan on Thursday and I got the results yesterday. There was good news and bad news. The good news is that 2 of my nodules are shrinking with the chemo. The bad news is that there is some new things that showed up on the scan. They are calling it "a clustering of new nodules" which means new tumors or it could be infection or inflammation. The infection route would make sense since I was just in the hospital for 5 days and I still have a wet cough. My doctor is going to try the same chemo regimen I have been on one more time and then I'll do another ct scan in 3 weeks. If there is no change or the new cluster is growing, I will switch to 2 new chemo drugs and see if those work better. So we are hoping that it is infection since the big nodules are responding to the chemo that I am on now. We'll just have to wait and see.

Other than that, I am doing fine. I got my pallafermin (study drug for mouth sores) yesterday. My fingers are sort of burning a little bit, which is a side effect of the drug. My mouth feels a little full, but my tongue is not white yet. Still waiting on that one. Anyway, that's all for now.

1 comment:

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

well, that's really good news about the shrinking. I hope it continues going that way!

-M