Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Nanny


This has been a tough week for us. My aunt/godmother Debra passed away on Saturday after battling cancer. She was my dad's younger sister. I will miss her terribly and I know my family will as well. She and her husband came fairly often in the last year for her treatments at MD Anderson, so I was able to see her a little more than normal, which was nice. I take comfort in knowing that she is no longer in pain and in peace. I will cherish the memories I have of her forever.

Something pretty weird happened today. I went outside to get the mail and there was a bag from "Party Lite" (sorta like a pampered chef thing I think) with some jelly's, a vase, a cheeseball mix and some scented oil. And there was a sticky note inside with only one word on it..."Debra". I don't know about you, but I think that is a pretty strange coincidence. Of all the names in the world, it was hers. I know it was random, but maybe it was a sign from her saying that she is ok. I have contacted the only person in League City that sells Party Lite in the hopes that I can return the items to the rightful owner.

So this makes 3 funerals (Grandma and Grandpa Bratton and Nanny) we have attended this year and it's only April. I'm hoping we are done for awhile. Poor Charlie is only 6 months old and has gone to 3 funerals already. But I think he makes people smile in a time of sorrow and that is a blessing.

On too brighter subjects, Charlie is 6 months old today (no picture yet, maybe tomorrow)! He got his shots today and only cried for a minute. He weighs 16 pounds, which is in the 25%. The same curve he has been on, so not concerning. We upped his reflux meds just a little and now we get to start real food! 3 meals a day! This may be a challenge, but we'll do our best.

We are headed to Fredericksburg tomorrow to spend Easter with Jeff's family. We are hoping that Charlie's cousin will make an appearance so we can meet him/her while we are in town. Jeff's sister, Carrie was due yesterday, but no signs of baby yet. We are all hoping it will happen soon, especially Carrie!

Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments: