Thursday, April 3, 2008

Blueberries

A couple of weeks ago Jeff and I went and bought some fruit trees to plant in the yard. We bought a fig tree and 2 blueberry trees/bushes. The fig tree is planted, but the blueberries are still in their pots because they can be kinda finicky in that they like a certain type of soil, etc, etc. You have to be careful with how you plant them or they will die or won't produce fruit. And we bought two of them because we didn't know if they self pollinate or not. So anyway, they are still in their pots on the side of the house waiting to be planted and we keep watering them to make sure they survive in their pots. I was looking at them today and one is already producing fruit! I couldn't believe it! It's still too early to pick any to see if they are any good, but I was amazed. I thought it would take a couple of years before they would have any fruit on them. So hopefully we can hide them from the birds and pick the berries when they are ripe. So far, our fruit trees have been a success! See for yourself.



2 comments:

Angelle said...

Laurie, I (Angelle Sims) have not spoken to you probably since high school. Mindy and I often catch up on people we went to school with and I had not heard your name lately. She sent me your blog address and I decided to write. I am glad that things are going well and you are in my prayers.

Greg said...

Yummy! I am going to steal some next time I take a walk around the block!

Amanda