Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A wedding, pumpkins and Halloween


2 weekends ago we went back to Louisiana for my BFF's wedding. It was a short trip but we had a lot of fun. The wedding was Saturday and my mom babysat while Jeff and I attended the wedding festivities. We had a great time seeing two great friends get married and we got to see lots of old friends from high school and Camp Avondale (where Jeff and I met).
Besties
The bride and groom

Camp Avondale Peeps
 On the way back, we stopped at a pumpkin patch and met my sister and her family there. The kids had a great time playing on all the different things there and each kid got to take a pumpkin home (even Teddy!).  We took a bunch of pics but here are a few...




Charlie, Grayson, Kirsten

Kirsten, Charlie, Grayson


Charlie and my mom, aka Grams

Charlie in the hay maze

climbing on top of the hay maze


Charlie, Grams, Grayson

 Charlie got to dress up for a party at Mother's Day Out last Tuesday. I hadn't finished his "real" costume, so on Monday I brilliantly came up with this:




The cutest Saints player you have ever seen! There was even an LSU cheerleader in his class, too. Teddy and I went to his "party" at school. It was nice to see what he did in class and how he interacted with the other kids.

Yesterday was Halloween and the first year we went trick or treating since Charlie wasn't walking last year. He did great and said "Trick or Treat" when we reached the door up until someone opened the door.  Oh well! He had a great time going door to door getting candy. We put Teddy in his car seat and he and Charlie got to ride in the wagon around the neighborhood. Teddy was awake the whole time just taking it all in.  Next year will be even more fun when he can actually participate (and hopefully be walking!).  Charlie was Mickey Mouse and Teddy was a mummy. I made both of their costumes and I think they turned out fabulous!

Mickey and Tiger

Mickey

Mummy



Pumpkins Jeff carved



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos. Grandpa keeps talking about how good they are too.