Thursday, November 19, 2009

Random things

Just a little update on how we are doing and what's been going on around here. Last week I had my checkup with my surgeon which mainly consisted of an xray and looking at my incision. My incision is healing quite well and everything looked great on xray. Till the next day when I got a phone call that said there was a pocket of air in my lung and they weren't sure if it was a pneumothorax or not. :( So I had to go back this Tuesday for another xray to see if was resolving or not. Thanksfully, it was, so no treatment needed and I don't need to see him again unless I need surgery again. My next regular checkup is Dec 14 or 15 for an MRI of my leg and a ct scan.

Charlie is continuing to get bigger and cuter every day. He now weighs 11 pounds! We are getting a little more sleep at night and going a little longer between feedings. We are starting to see a few more smiles so I don't think it will be long before he will be smiling at us all the time. We are getting out a little more and getting more comfortable doing that. We went to NASA for an awards ceremony to watch Jeff receive an award for all his hard work during the last shuttle mission. (More to come on that later. Waiting for Jeff to write that post!).

Tomorrow we are going on our first road trip to Fredericksburg to visit Jeff's parents. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Charlie finally gets to meet his Aunt Carrie and Uncle Clayton. But it's a 5 hour drive with a 7 week old baby and 2 dogs, so it will be interesting. Will let you know how it goes... :)

3 comments:

ACQ said...

I'm glad everything is going well! I hope Charlie enjoys his first road trip.

Erin said...

Good luck with the road trip!!

Landmark Lighting said...

Have fun!