Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dr. appointment

I had a doctor's appointment today. I was supposed to have it last week at 24 weeks, but it had to be rescheduled to today. For those that don't know, pregnant women have to take a "glucose tolerance test" sometime around mid pregnancy to check for gestational diabetes. It's usually around 24-28 weeks. You basically drink this stuff that is like super sugared koolaid, wait an hour, and then they draw your blood and check your glucose level. If it's high or boderline, you have to do a 3 hour test. Not fun. Well, today was mine and they didn't tell me. So I ate lunch right before going to the appointment. And then I drank the "koolaid", waited an hour, and got my blood drawn. I'm hoping to call tomorrow to get the results and I'm hoping that I passed. I told my doc that I didn't know I was taking the test today, so if I fail, maybe I can just repeat the 1 hour and not have to suffer through the 3 hour one. We shall see. But other than that, the appointment went well. Baby is measuring right about 25-26 weeks (I'm 25 weeks today), so that is good. Heartbeat was nice and strong. He actually kicked when she put the doppler on my stomach. I think he was jittery from all that sugar I just drank! My next ultrasound will be around 32 weeks. I have gained a total of 24 pounds so far! Sheesh, I think that's a lot. But she didn't seem concerned. I will see her again at 28 weeks. I'm still feeling really good, still tired and starting to get a few aches and pains, but nothing too terrible yet. Good thing since I have a ways to go! ;)

This past weekend we went to Louisiana for a few days. We spent some time with my mom and then celebrated 2 birthdays on Saturday. My nephew turned 1 and my brother in law had a birthday celebration as well. And today is my dad's birthday! Happy Birthday, Daddy! We're going back to Louisiana on Friday night to celebrate with him. But just for the night.

Anyway, that's about all I have for now. Will post some pictures later on of the party. Oh, my nephew took some of his first steps at the party, too! Very exciting to do that in front of all our family! And 25 week belly picture is up, too.

No comments: