Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So far so good

So I'm officially 10 weeks pregnant today and I am still feeling really good. No morning sickness to speak of and as long as I eat regularly, I'm fine. I figure this is God's way of saying, "Hey, I know you have been there,done that with the nausea and vomiting with chemo, so I will spare you having to do that again." Thank God for small blessings. The one thing I have been having are migraines more often (4-5 in the last week), but I can handle those and I would much rather a headache than feeling like I'm going to puke all the time.
I think I am getting a little bit of a belly now, but I am still wearing my regular clothes. I have been working a ton lately and scrubs are very forgiving! Hopefully I'll be able to wear those for awhile.

Jeff recently worked back room for this latest shuttle mission, so he has been a working fool as well. Now we'll be able to slow down a bit, but I'll continue to work as much as I can. I figure I need to work while I feel good, because towards the end, I know I won't feel like it.

Anyway, I just wanted to post a quick update and get some comments on the new blog look. Let me know what you think. I think it looks really nice and now that I know how to do it, I may change it up more often! (I actually got the idea from Erin and Nujoud's blogs. Thanks girls!)

6 comments:

nujoud said...

Agree on the morning sickness. I was getting queasy a bunch, but at least there hasn't been any puking and its already gone away. I was really glad not to be losing my lunch. Eating regularly sure does help though, I feel like I'm back to training for a marathon in that regard.

Katie said...

Lauri,
you need to add my blog to your page. I am excited for all the good news. Work as much as you can, b/c all I can do is my 2 and I am pooped. I did work 3 per week with Miller, but didn't have a busy toddler at home. Blog lookin good.

thefanningcrew.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE NEW BLUE LOOK. PRETTY COOL!!! BONES

Anonymous said...

The new look is great. Love the colors and the flowers are a nice touch. Somehow that seeems more like you than Jeff. Mama

Melissa said...

I love the new look. Was it hard to figure out? You and Erin and Nujoud are inspiring me to change mine up some too!

Kasuen said...

Lauri, the new blog layout looks great! I really like the blue flowers overlapping the text area... looks a bit 3D :)
Glad to hear you are feeling good... we are planning a trip to Houston to visit y'all and Grandpa Bratton this summer!