Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mardi Gras

Friday evening Jeff and I headed back to Louisiana for the 3rd weekend in a row. It was Mardi Gras weekend and we rarely miss it, so we made the trip again. We got in late on Friday night and stayed at my sister's house. We went to the Baton Rouge parade called the Spanish Town parade for the first time. It was super crowded, but we found a spot. We didn't know what to expect since none of us had gone before. Boy, were we shocked! The themes of the floats had a lot of sexual inuendo and political messages. They were worse than New Orleans themes! We decided that if you wanted to bring your children to this parade, they must be young enough to not be able to read. It was an eye opener. We took some pictures of the floats, but I am choosing not to put them on here because I don't want to offend anyone. So, I don't think that we will be going to that parade anymore. After we got home from that, we dropped the kids (my niece and nephew) off with my brother in laws family and we (me, Jeff, my sister and her husband) headed to New Orleans for the Endymion parade. We left there after 10 floats because it was about to pour down raining. But we got a lot of beads in that short amount of time. On Sunday, Jeff and I headed to New Orleans by ourselves to hit a couple of the day parades. After sitting through a lot of traffic, we finally found a parking spot and made it to the parades. We saw 2.5 parades and again, did pretty well with the beads. We had to head on to Lafayette, so we left with a couple of floats left in the parade. We made it to my dad's house in Lafayette around 6pm and had a yummy dinner of gumbo, watched the Oscar's and then went to bed. We woke up bright and early on Monday morning, ate some King Cake for breakfast and headed back home. Jeff had to work on Monday afternoon, but we made it in plenty of time for him to make his meetings. So we are now planning on staying home for a little while and giving the car a rest! Here are some pictures of the weekend. Hope you enjoy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ENJOYED THE SHOW!! Thanks for sharing your pics. Glad things went smoothly on your multiple trips to LA. BONES